So - I have an idea.
What if we created an online 'course' designed to educate playdocs/playnurses in Medfet topics? So many of us come to the site wanting to explore medfet, but few of us are trained medical professionals. What if we build a way for those who are not to learn (some of) the knowledge that the professionals enjoy by nature, in a safe, healthy, and interesting way? As an former EMT/ERT/CNA I've enjoyed some professional training, and had many wonderful people here who are professionals help me learn what I haven't learned professionally. But what if we made a way to share that learning with everyone?
The course could cover stuff like:
- Basic A&P, particularly focused on medfet areas of interest
- Basic medical terminology
- Basic pathology, particularly as it is interesting from a role-play scene.
- Safety, Aseptic/Sterility, PPE, etc
- Basic procedures, their indications/contraindications, equipment use, cleaning, prep, etc.
- What NOT to attempt - and why
- Other Medically interesting topics
In addition, it would cover stuff like:
- RACK/SSC/Consent in general
- Effective Role-Play
- Basics of equipment needs, etc
- BDSM-oriented safety issues (restraints, advanced procedures and the like)
It would be written with an understanding of using it in Medfer play, and be based on real-world practice. The info would be detailed, curated for effective presentation, and accurate.
We could do it truly course style, with tests and stuff, and at the end, successful completion would result in a (rather worthless, but still interesting) certificate. Completed members could put that info on their profile, letting others know that they have, at least in theory, some idea what they are talking about for play.
I could be built in segments and expanded constantly, adding new curated material as we can get to it.
Most of this info is spread across the forum, over probably millions of posts - but that would take years and years to read - this would be designed to be completed with relative quickness, but impart a great deal of essential knowledge which would allow readers to play safely and effectively, as well as be more informed and interested members of the community.
I'm happy to write some of this and help build and curate it - is there any interest in such a project from membership here? If we build it, will they cum (sorry, I had to)?