Since one of the major reasons that I'll do an enema is to find some time for myself and truly relax. Years ago, Marlene, was known for saying "It's an enema, not a race," and I always thought about the things that make an enema truly comfortable, including:
1. Temperature, maybe just a bit more than body temperature. Not too cold nor too hot.
2. Bag height. Not too high so that you take it too fast
3. Ingredients. If I want a real cleaning out, it's soap. Otherwise baking soda is soothing
4. Quantity. Sometimes I can take a full bag, but other times a single quart is all I need.
5. Time. Set aside enough time to make, take, and expel your enema. Don't rush it.
Afterward, take some time to relax. A soak in a hot tub or a nice cup of tea for some quiet moments. What do others think about comfort?