Always last I think but the doctor would always stay and ask me questions and talk to my mom for a while so I had to sit there humiliated after the exam.
The genital exam was always the last exam even at school exams but it did not mean that you stayed in underwear before, it was mainly naked from the beguining even if not necessary
For me, the genital exam was always at the end; however, since I never regularly went to the same doctor, it was different each time. Now I go to a urologist, but he doesn't examine my penis and testicles every time.
Yes, it was usually at the end. But my ped had a habit, that he always begun with the rectal temp, then he always pulled back my foreskin. But this wasn't the normal genital check, he did it at the end.
@Matthew2000Were you lying on your back for the rectal temp, or did the doctor pulled back your foreskin before you were lying on your stomach?
Always at the end of the exam and very fast, with the exception of a testicular exam which was a little longer. It usually takes longer to unbuckle and unzip for the exam whether it be a hernia or testicular exam. Only once was I undressed in a gown for a testicular and hernia check as a part of a pre employment physical exam.
Always at the end, usually standing. Never on my back, a couple of times lying on one side. Reading some of these experiences, I definitely feel cheated! (Ha!)
Towards the end, and accelerating to a point of rush. Last medical at school I had the hands on knees walk forward and back then spine examination after.I also remember an insurance exam which was head to toe in that order.
I told my gynecologist that I wanted to get a checkup. She ordered some blood tests and told me which day of my cycle I needed to have them done. She also said I needed a Pap smear, which a nurse did.The next day, I had an ultrasound. The doctor was an older man. He told me to drink about half a liter of water beforehand. First, he did an abdominal ultrasound and checked my bladder. Then he asked me to empty my bladder. After that, he did a transvaginal ultrasound and asked what day of my cycle I was on. He checked my uterus and ovaries and asked if I had any abdominal pain, problems with my cycle, or anything else unusual. Then he wrote up a report for my gynecologist.When I went back to see her, she had me sit in the exam chair and examined me with a speculum.
My pediatrician from 9-20 would have me lie down on my back near the end and then she would examine my stomach and abdomen, then say lift up your bum and pull my underwear down and off. She would then take my penis in one hand and look it over and retract the foreskin, and then the testicles one at a time. After that she would put her fingers up into my groin on each side one at a time while I was instructed to turn my head and cough. Some years I was given an std test with a probe into my urethra and I would be done.
At the pediatrician the genital exam was always last but the breast exam was in the middle so I was already half exposed by the time I had to pull down my underwear to my knees
For my medical I have to strip to t shirt and knickers with no bra. I go through all the usual tests and checks and then lift my t shirt for the breast check. Once that is complete the final part is pulling down my knickers for the vulva exam. She pulls back my labia, lifts my hood then opens the inner lips. Sometimes it ends there other times she inserts 2 fingers up my vagina and I have to squeeze them.